Riverside Domestic Violence Lawyer - Attorney John Michels
domestic violence cases for more than 10 years.
If you have been charged with domestic violence, contact the Law Offices of Riverside Domestic Violence Lawyer
John L. Michels immediately at (951) 276-8900 for a complimentary, confidential consultation. Dedicated to
preservering and protecting the rights of the accused, Attorney Michaels is available to his clients 24 hours a day, 7
days per week.
Domestic Violence in Riverside
Domestic violence charges are extremely serious, and conviction for this crime could result in dire consequences,
including but not limited to the issuance of a restraining order, jail or prison time, costly fines, and potentially the
loss of your job.
It is imperative that you contact a seasoned Domestic Violence Attorney as soon as possible. A former prosecutor,
manages these types of cases, and knows how to craft a defense to achieve the most favorable outcome
possible on behalf of his clients.
An individual may be charged with Domestic Violence if they
threaten to harm or carry out harm against:
· A close family member
· A cohabitant or roommate
· A current or former partner
· A current or former spouse
· A family member
· A parent of the defendant’s child
Domestic Violence is deemed a “wobbler” and as such the defendant
may be charged with either misdemeanor domestic violence or felony
Misdemeanor Domestic Violence Defense Attorney in Riverside
The DA may choose to file misdemeanor domestic violence charges against a defendant under the following
· The defendant does not have any prior charges of domestic violence
· Either very minor injuries or no injuries were inflicted upon the victim
Although the penalties upon conviction for misdemeanor domestic violence are not as severe as felony domestic
violence, the consequences are still quite severe. If convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence, offenders may
be facing the following:
· Community Service
· Fines ranging from $6,000 to $10,000
· Issuance of a Protective Order
· Up to one Year in Jail
· Mandatory Counseling
· Potential loss of employment, inability to obtain employment, and difficulty obtaining housing
· Potential loss of the right to own a firearm depending on the circumstances
· Probation for a minimum of 3 years
If you are being charged with misdemeanor domestic violence, it is crucial that you seek qualified legal counsel.
Contact Riverside Criminal Defense Attorney John Michels at (951) 276-8900 today to learn how Mr. Michels can
Riverside Felony Domestic Violence Criminal Defense Lawyer
While any charge of domestic violence is serious, conviction of Felony Domestic Violence charges will result in
enhanced sentencing. In addition to the penalties listed above, those who are convicted face up to 5 years in state
prison, and a strike may be charged against the defendant’s criminal record. The District Attorney will typically bring
felony charges against an individual if:
· The victim sustained severe injuries
· A weapon was used during the commission of the crime
· The victim was a young child, incapacitated adult, or an elderly family member
· If the defendant violated a protective order
· If the defendant has a history of domestic violence or stalking the victim
· If the defendant was under the influence when the act of domestic violence took place
Riverside Domestic Violence Attorney John Michels has a proven track record and fights vigorously for all of his
clients. Because a felony conviction results in the loss of many rights and may result in a strike under California’s
Three Strikes Law, do not wait to contact an attorney who has vast experience in these cases.
Contact Riverside Domestic Violence Defense Attorney John L. Michels
Under California Law, domestic violence charges are taken extremely seriously. If you’ve been accused of
committing an act of domestic violence, it is vital that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney who will
fight zealously to protect your legal rights.
than 10 years, and understands the complexities involved in presenting a domestic violence defense.
If you have been arrested and stand accused of committing Domestic Violence, please complete the Criminal
If you need immediate assistance with a Domestic Violence matter, please call Attorney John L. Michels at (951)
276-8900 today to schedule your complimentary, confidential consultation!